sql basics tutorials
History of sql:
Dr. E. F. “Ted” of IBM is known as the father of relational databases in 1970. He described a relational model for databases. Structured Query Language appeared in 1974.
IBM worked to develop Codd’s ideas and released a product named System/R in 1978.
IBM developed the first prototype of relational database and standardized by ANSI 1986.
Oracle introduced first relational database.SQL is very powerful structured query language as it manipulated most of databases with an ease. It has secure connection and powerful language tool, strong triggers concepts and more !.SQL is an ANSI (American National Standards Institute) standard, there are many different versions of the SQL language.
SQL is Structured Query Language, which is a computer language for storing, manipulating and retrieving data stored in relational database.
SQL is the standard language for Relation Database System.Relational database management
systems like MySQL, Sybase, Informix, MS Access, Oracle,postgres and SQL Server use SQL as standard database language.
Benefits of sql:
- It allows users to describe the data.
- It allows users to create and drop databases and tables.
- It makes users to define and create triggers for later and on time data manipulations.
- It hands over users to define the data in database and manipulate that data .
- It allows users to embed within other languages using SQL modules, libraries & pre-compilers.
- It Allows users to access data in relational database management systems.
How sql works:
Running SQL command for any RDBMS, the system determines the best way to carry out your request and SQL engine figures out how to interpret the task.
Query Dispatcher, Optimization Engines, Classic Query Engine and SQL Query Engine, etc. components included in the process.