Now that you have a method to calculate the cost of the shipping of your products, you can
configure the payment options that enable the collection of money. Magento CE offers several
payment options and many more can be added by downloading Magento payment module
extensions, provided at http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect. More information
on installing payment module extensions is provided in “Extending Magento,” page 252.
The following shows how to set up some of the most popular payment methods. Setting up other
options is just as simple.
PayPal is one of the most popular ways to accept online payments. It enables you to
accept credit cards and PayPal accounts. This section shows how to set up the PayPal
Website Payments Standard method. Other PayPal payment methods are set up in a
How to setup paypal method in magento:
Your first step is to create a PayPal merchant account. Please check with PayPal
(www.paypal.com) for detailed instructions.
2. In the Magento CE backend, select System > Configuration > PayPal to display the
In the Merchant Account section, select the country and specify the email address
that is associated with your PayPal merchant account.
4. Select the Website Payments Standard check box to display the Website Payments
Standard Settings section,
In the Title field, specify a title to be shown to your customers.
6. In the Sort Order field, specify an integer number to indicate where this payment
method should appear on the list of available payments on the frontend. A value of
1 places this payment at the top of the list, a value of 2 places it second, and so on.
7. In the Payment Action field, select one of the following options:
? Authorization: Blocks or holds funds in the PayPal account until these funds
have been transferred to your account. This usually occurs when you process
? Sale: Specifies that funds are transferred to your account immediately.
8. In the Payment Applicable From field, leave the All allowed countries selection or
select Selected Countries to select from a list of countries.
9. In the Sandbox Mode drop-down list, select whether this payment method is in
sandbox mode. Sandbox mode is used when you are setting up and testing the
payment method; no actual payments are processed.
10. In the Transfer Cart Line Items drop-down list, select whether information about
each individual line item in the order is sent to the payment processor (Yes), or only
the order total (No).
11. In the Debug Mode drop-down list, select whether this payment method is in debug
mode. Debug mode is used when there is a problem processing a payment and you
want to know what data is being exchanged with PayPal and where the error is
occurring. Data (except for credit card numbers) is stored in the system log file.
12. Click Save Config.
paypal in magento